Our new exhibition “Celebrating Beith – prehistory to Regency” opened today. Four banners interspersed with photos, maps and artefacts tell the story of the town from the earliest times to 1817 when the current Townhouse was built. The exhibition also includes the fossils and some of the stones originally displayed at Spier’s School, which were recently donated to the Townhouse. We know that people have made their home in the area since approximately 3,000 B.C. and our earliest artefacts are some arrowheads found in Glenburn, Paisley. This is the first time we have used banners as part of an exhibition and we are very grateful to North Ayrshire Council for their help with funding the design and printing of the banners. These are a fantastic new addition to our resources as they are so easily transportable to other venues. The exhibition will run until the end of May.